Admissions Team at Corvinus answers your questions
Congratulations on starting your application to study at Corvinus University of Budapest!
We know that a long list of questions and checklists can sometimes feel overwhelming, so we collected some of the most frequent questions and had members of the Admissions team answer them to help you get through the checklist and press that Submit button!
Q: When can I apply? When is the application period?
A: Our academic year starts in September. For self-funded applicants, our DreamApply platform is open in October/November 2022 with final deadline for submission on 30 April 2023.
Q: Is there an application fee? Is it possible to waive the application fee?
A: For self-funded full-time undergraduate and graduate programmes the application fee is 75 EUR. You will receive an invoice (payment instructions) once you start an application in our online self-funded application system, DreamApply. You can pay the fee via bank/wire transfer, as well as through Revolut or Wise. For more information about the application fee and where to find payment details, read our comprehensive guide by clicking here
The application fee is mandatory for all applicants, no exemptions apply. You will be asked to upload proof of making the payment in DreamApply. Without paying the fee by the application deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
For the preparatory programme, there is no application fee. An administration fee is included in the programme fees.
For the Executive MBA programme(s), the application fee is 9,000 HUF. You will receive an invoice (with payment instructions) once you start an application in our online self-funded application system.
If you are applying to us as a transfer student, the application fee is 16,000 HUF.
Q: How do I know if I am eligible for my chosen programme?
A: If you are applying for a BA/BSc programme, you will need to have completed high school in your country (preferred 12 years of schooling). There are no subject, GPA or grade requirements for Corvinus.
If you are applying for an MA/MSc/MBA programme, you will need to have a full Bachelor’s degree. There are minimum credit requirements. Typically, you will need to have some previous credits related to your chosen programme of study. IMPORTANT: Check if you are likely to meet the minimum credit requirements before you decide on and apply for a particular programme.
For MBA programmes – minimum work experience requirements apply. Check the MBA programme pages for details by clicking here. IMPORTANT: Only work experience after completing a Bachelor’s degree counts – work experience before or during a Bachelor’s won’t be considered.
If you are completing your studies in the summer before you start your studies at Corvinus, that is generally fine. However, you will need your final diploma and transcripts before September, when your studies at Corvinus will start!
Q: I am ready to submit my application, but I cannot find/complete the Diploma recognition form and the system is not letting me submit my application without it. What should I do?
A: Diploma recognition process is currently being re-designed, so you do not have to worry about completing the form. In order for the system to allow you though the checklist, we recommend upload a blank document instead of the form. As we are aware of the situation, this will not have any negative impacts on your application process, and we will inform you once/if the form will be necessary in the future.
Q: What are the general admission requirements? What documents do I need?
A: You need to upload the following documents to your application profile when submitting your application:
- Diploma & Transcripts (your highest level graduation certificate and transcript, an “in-progress transcript” if you have not finished your studies yet. Example: you are applying for Bachelor’s programme and will graduate in June 2023. In order to submit your application before 30th of April, you should upload available transcripts from your high school from past years and a confirmation from your school that you are still studying and will graduate in June 2023.)
- Passport (If you are an EU citizen your national ID card is also fine. If you have dual citizenship, please upload scans of both passports)
- Proof of English proficiency (for non-native speakers) – check to see which qualifications we accept below (in the next question)
- Credit acceptance request form (for MA/MSc/MBA applicants only)
- Proof of work experience and motivational letter (for MBA applicants only)
- Proof of application fee payment
After you have submitted your application with all the necessary documents you will be invited to participate in the entrance exams, provided you meet the requirements. For more information on the process after submitting your application click here
Q: Which proof of English language proficiency certificates does Corvinus accept?
A: Corvinus accepts the following language certificates with the minimum scores stated below.
Test provider Cambridge IELTS TOEFL TOEFL iBT TOEIC Duolingo
Min score (B2 equiv.) FCE 6.0 65 72 785 100
IMPORTANT: the above are valid for two years after you take the test. For example, if you are applying to study at Corvinus in September 2023, your test date should be later than 1 September 2021, otherwise, you will need to renew the certificate (unless you meet the exemptions below).
English language exemptions:
You are exempt from needing an English language proficiency certificate if (and only if) any of the following apply.
- You are applying for a BA/BSc and have completed high school in English and have written, official proof from your school that the language of instruction and assessment was English for the full duration of your studies (minimum of four years from 14-18).
- You are applying for an MA/MSc/MBA and have completed an undergraduate degree in English and have written, official proof from your institution that the language of instruction and assessment was English for the full duration of your studies.
- You are a native English speaker – and hold a passport of one of the countries listed by the UK government at www.gov.uk/student-visa/knowledge-of-english (if your country is not on this list, you will need one of the above certificates). If you have completed high school or an undergraduate degree in one of these countries, you may also be exempt.
- If you have an A-level (or International A-level) exam in English language with a minimum grade of B.
- If you have an International Baccalaureate in English language, Standard Level 5 or Higher Level 4 or higher.
- If you have an advanced level matura exam in English language obtained in Hungary with a minimum grade of 45%.
- If you have a GCSE (or IGCE) exam in English language with a minimum grade of 6 (or B).
- If you completed an internationally recognised international foundation year (i.e.: INTO, Study Group, Kaplan, Navitas or the Preparatory Programme of Corvinus University).
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to upload proof that you qualify for any of the above-mentioned exemptions when completing your application – you will not be invited to participate in entrance exams without this.
Please note: requirements differ for the MSc Management and Leadership. You can find these requirements by clicking here.
The deadline to provide your proof of English language proficiency is the application deadline (30 April 2023 for September intake).
11 Apr 2023